- Licensed Creative Arts Therapist
- Children, Adolescents, Adults
- Individuals & Groups
Anna Schwartz has been involved in the world of art therapy for the past 10 years. She attended Mercyhurst College (now University), receiving her bachelor of arts in Art Therapy. She then went on to obtain her master's degree in Creative Arts Therapy from Nazareth College, where she was honored to receive their award for Excellence in Art Therapy. For her thesis dissertation she examined how the field of art therapy can continue to thrive within the broader mental health community, a subject she continues to examine and feels very passionately about.
Anna has experience in a variety of settings and with many different populations. She has:
- Provided art therapy to developmentally delayed children in conjunction with physical, speech, and music therapists
- Conducted art therapy groups with older adults experiencing the effects of stroke and language/mobility loss
- Worked with children ages 3 to 13 on an individual basis within a play therapy clinic
- Delivered individual and group art therapy to middle schoolers in a school-based setting
- Led individual and group art therapy sessions in a short-term inpatient psychiatric facility for children, teens, and adults
- Experience providing outpatient mental health counseling to adolescents, adults, and families utilizing a variety of therapeutic modalities in addition to expanding the provision of art therapy services in that setting
Anna is excited to begin a new venture working with private practice clients in the coming months. She notes, "It's exciting and encouraging to see the enthusiasm in the community for art therapy. Buffalo is enjoying a renaissance and it is my hope that art therapy in Buffalo also experiences a renewal as well."